Thursday, October 8, 2009

Psalm 90:17
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us; and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

As our Viking III licensed teachers finished their work this week, I was in awe of the beauty of their sewn creations. Sewing is beauty and I think we need the joy of beauty in the world today. Well, actually in the world always. Sewing is beauty. Not only the beauty of the finished product but the beauty of the process. I always pray while I sew. I have always felt that sewing was a Godly thing to do. All through the Bible women sewed. Actually it looks like Adam sewed also! Maybe the first tailor? God is the author of beauty. In my life I believe God gave me sewing to show me the beauty of a craft but more importantly to show me the beauty of an activity which has brought me great healing during times of distress, great joy during good and bad times, and a great connection to women in the past who created things of beauty with their hands and machines to pass on for our joy today. God is the source of creativity and I thank God for the joy of sewing and thank God for my sewing machines. I thank God for this newly licensed group of ladies who made such beautiful things this week and learned many new skills to take home and enjoy forever. These beautiful ladies brought great joy to my life this week and I thank them for coming. God is good all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment